Advanced Systems Physiology B
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 33,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- independently access and assimilate credible knowledge of basic physiological principles relating to the endocrine system, gastrointestinal system, renal system and respiratory system;
- use independently acquired credible knowledge of the physiological principles in solving given real-world physiologically based problems;
- work independently and collaboratively to achieve well, integrated, cohesive outcomes in physiology problem solving tasks.
- Endocrine System
- Gastrointestinal System
- Respiratory System
- Renal System
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation you will be permitted to enrol in this subject, however you should withdraw your enrolment, or it will be withdrawn on your behalf, if you are unsuccessful in passing the prerequisite subject once results are released.
- OtherDetails - This subject is offered via Open Universities Australia, late enrolments are generally not permitted past the published close of application date for the study period. For students not enrolled in the prerequisite courses, you may be able to undertake these subjects with approval of your home course coordinator, please contact ASK La Trobe for assistance.
In this fully online subject students gain knowledge in systems physiology, which includes the endocrine system, gastrointestinal system, respiratory system and renal system. The detailed online resources will be supported by interactive online sessions and complemented by enquiry-based activities.
Please note: this subject was previously known as Human Physiology Theory B.
- 2x scientific communication assessments (500 words each) (30%)
- 10 x online = 150 word each (50%)
- 2 x tests = 800 word equiv each (20%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Textbook information is pending.