Postgraduate | GRF-EHR715 | 2024
Human Resource Development
Course information for 2024 intakeView information for 2023 course intake
Widen the scope of your human resource studies as you polish your HR skills.Assess individual, group and organisational human resource development needs. Take in advanced leadership theories. Look to the future of HR learning and development
Human Resource Development
About this subject
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of HR learning and development through application of theoretical frameworks, research findings and reflective insights.
- Apply knowledge and understanding to the development of personal, interpersonal, group, and self-management skills in the HRD field
- Apply knowledge and understanding to the development of professional HR skills.
- Application of theory and practice in the organisational context and appreciation of the scope and variation of HRD. processes.
- Introduction to the Course; Strategic HRD/L&D
- Learning Design
- Needs Assessment
- Design of HRD intervention
- Evaluation of HRD
- Implementing HRD
- Implementing HRD intervention
- HRD Implementation
- Career Management
- Future of HRD/L&D and Review
The course provides the opportunity to develop professional HR skills through the examination and application of learning theories and HRD frameworks to individual, group and organisational development needs and challenges. Content includes development of skills in needs assessment, design, delivery and evaluation of training and development, reflection and analysis, the HRD professional role, application to organisational cases and current issues.
Students should not enrol in this subject if they have completed: 7015EHR Advanced Human Resource Development
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 (60%)
- Online Exam (10%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
- QS Ranking 2024:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2024:
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- GRF-HRM-GCE-2024 - Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- GRF-EMP-MAS-2024 - Master of Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- UNE-PRO-GCE-2024 - Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice
No additional requirements
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following courses