Advanced Human Resource Development
Widen the scope of your human resource studies as you polish your HR skills.Assess individual, group and organisational human resource development needs. Take in advanced leadership theories. Look to the future of HR learning and development
Enrolments for this year have closed. Apply for 2022
- 18 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of HR learning and development through application of theoretical frameworks, research findings and reflective insights.
2. Apply knowledge and understanding to the development of personal, interpersonal, group, and self-management skills in the HRD field
3. Apply knowledge and understanding to the development of professional HR skills.
4. Analyse organisational cases from HR learning and development perspectives and construct recommendations to effectively address issues with strong links to relevant theory and research.
- Nature and Scope of HRD
- Strategic HRD; Learning & Development Function
- Learning Theories; Working in Groups
- Needs Assessment; Design & Delivery of HRD
- Design & Delivery (cont); Evaluation of HRD
- Review & Application, weeks 1-5; E-Learning
- HRD & Diversity; Cross-Cultural HRD
- Workplace Language & Knowledge Management; HRD & Change
- Management, Leadership & Team Development
- Professional Development & Ethics
- Future of HR Learning & Development
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject provides the opportunity to develop professional HR skills through the examination and application of adult learning theories and frameworks to individual, group and organisational development needs and challenges. Learning and development processes, strategies, plans and costing frameworks are applied to the analysis of contemporary HR cases and problems. Content includes development of skills in training and facilitation processes, feedback and communication, strategic HRD, as well as consideration of the role of HR professionals in this area.
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 (40%)
- Online Exam (30%)
Current study term: 17 Jul 22 to 14 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.