- The Australian Legal System
- Criminal Justice/ Criminal Law
- Mental Health in Criminal Law
- Mental Health Law & Policy
- Forensic Mental Health Law and Policy
- Police and Mental Health
- Pre-Trial and Trial
- Post-release Considerations
- New Directions in Forensic Mental Health
- Review Week & Case Study Preparation
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject concentrates on the legislation and policies that govern the administration of Forensic Mental Health services in Queensland. Policies affecting policing practices, the operation of the Mental Health Court and associated review procedures, and the delivery of services in both Health and Correctional systems are examined in some detail. The subject also compares Queensland legislation and policies with those governing selected interstate and overseas forensic mental health systems.
Assessment details will be advised at the beginning of the subject offering.
- Case Study (40%)
- Online Discussion (30%)
- Online Quiz (30%)
Textbooks are not required.