Communications Project 2
Work on a major communications project like a media production or an internship. Map your project from the opening stages through to completion.Build a professional qualification in the creative or communications industry on the back of this subject
Your upfront cost: $0
- 07 Jul 2019
- 27 Oct 2019
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject you will be able to have:
- a broad understanding of issues in the media theory and the place of new media theory, providing the skills and knowledge which are the basis of current communication practices.
- the ability to map the creation of a project from concept to finished product delivered to an audience in a planned setting. Affective outcomes (eg attitudes, values, and ethics) are an inherent result of working collaboratively towards a professional outcome. Within the production environment, skills-based outcomes (eg: problem solving etc) are key to the daily challenges involved in creating an audience-based product with technologically-based gathering of content.
The subjects specific aims and outcomes are to provide a professional qualification for those who wish to work in the creative and communication industries.
- Extended internship .
- Production of a major media project
- Formal academic paper
- Any other project agreed with the convenor
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- GRF-COM180-Communications Project 2
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No special requirements
This subject is designed to enable an intensive application of communication research, writing, production and/or presentation skills at an advanced research or professional level either in a communications discipline area, in a work experience internship and/or in a chosen format. You will be expected to explore complex issues with an awareness of the associated legal and ethical implications.
- Project (90%)
- Proposal (10%)
Textbook information is pending.
Textbook information is pending.