- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Cultural tourism involves travel for purposes of experiencing aspects of the culture of a locality, region, or country. This subject deals with the cultural, social, environmental, and economic aspects of this growing segment of the tourism industry. It considers its origins in religious pilgrimage, features distinguishing it from mass tourism, and its role in forming personal, group, and national identities. The subject addresses issues arising from cultural tourism’s impacts on local peoples, cultures, environments, and economies. It also covers elements of cultural tourism management, including the marketing of destinations and cultural routes, the ethics of cultural display, and sustainable development strategies. You will learn about a variety of forms of cultural tourism and related topics: conventions and cosplay; festivals and value chains; dark tourism and popular memory; literary tourism and travel writing; screen tourism and creative industries; ecotourism, adventure tourism, and sustainability issues; and cities and the tourism uses of urban spaces.
- Assignment 1 - Reseacrh Task 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Research Task 2 (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Seiminar and Discussion Board (20%)
- Assignment 4 - Research Essay (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject