- Science Literacy - Investigations and inquiry
- Science Literacy. Chemistry- Solids, liquids and gases
- Chemistry- Physical and chemical change
- Earth and space
- Teaching Strategies 5E Model: Earth and space science
- Lesson Planning, creating outcomes. Physics - electricity
- Assessment Forms & uses. Physics - heating, cooling and freezing
- Assessment applications. Physics - heating, cooling and freezing
- Programming and Planning Units. Biology - living and non-living
- Classroom Management and Safety. Biology - food webs and decomposing
- ICT STEM. Literacies of Science
- ICT STEM. Science as a Human Endeavour
- Review and Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject prepares pre-service teachers to teach science in primary schools by exploring the three strands of the science curriculum. It integrates appropriate ICT tools and strategies and inquiry-based learning approaches. It develops science knowledge as well as teaching and learning practices in science in primary school contexts.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Exercises (60%)
- Report (40%)