You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Review and Introduction
- Explicit and didactic literacy pedagogy
- Authentic literacy pedagogy
- Functional literacy pedagogy
- Critical literacy pedagogy
- Designing Language Literature and Literacy learning for multiliteracies, multimodality and community context - Part A
- Designing Language Literature and Literacy learning for multiliteracies, multimodality and community context - Part B
- Learner diversity
- Assessment and Planning with Curriculum - Part A
- Assessment and Planning with Curriculum - Part B
- Short and long term planning - Using literature
- Presentation and justification of planning documents
- Review and Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject will explore how to teach language, literature and literacy in the primary years. The subject will encompass historical and current ‘literacies’ pedagogies and examine how they inform the design of learning programs for children.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Planning Task (30%)
- Essay (40%)
- Presentation (30%)
Textbook information is pending.