- What are the features of authentic arts education practices and how are they reflected in The Arts Learning Area in the Australian Curriculum?
- A visual arts context for designing inquiry-based arts learning (making) experiences to stimulate creative thinking, imagination and self-expression
- A media arts context for designing arts responding experiences. (Dialogues for learning; cross-curriculum priorities and the arts in culture)
- Creating a safe and ethical learning environment and implementing effective teaching practice in the arts
- Inclusive education in a performing arts context (dance, drama, music)
- Addressing curriculum achievement standards: assessment of arts learning
- Addressing curriculum achievement standards: reflection, review and evaluation of arts teaching (Improvement cycle framework)
- The arts as experiential learning and ways of knowing
- Diverse learning experiences across the arts curriculum
- Planning an inquiry-based arts learning program
- Partnerships strategies for effective educators
- Life-long learning strategies for effective educators
- Review and Reflection
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject prepares pre-service teachers to teach the Arts in Primary schools through the five Arts curriculum areas. It explores authentic Arts education practices and inquiry-based learning approaches. It develops Arts literacy competence in pre-service teachers and considers safe and ethical teaching and learning environments.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Report (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Presentation (50%)