Systematic Review in Business Psychology
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 May 2023
- 27 Nov 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- synthesise literature to formulate a research question related to business psychology
- formulate an appropriate research strategy to find, collate and evaluate evidence
- evaluate and synthesise literature and communicate professionally to answer a specific research question related to business psychology.
- Introduction to Systematic Reviews in Business Psychology
- The first steps
- How to write a protocol
- The search strategy
- Managing search strategy results
- Data Extraction
- Recap and consolidation
- Quality appraisal and risk of bias
- Quality appraisal tools
- Synthesising the evidence
- Conducting statistical synthesis/meta-analysis
- Writing the review and the final check
- Academic journals & publishing your review
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject provides students with knowledge and skills relating to evidence-informed practice with particular client groups and presenting issues within business and management psychology. Students will engage with and evaluate contemporary best practice evidence in selected areas. Students will undertake a research project to answer a question about a specific area of business psychology.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Research Protocol (40%)
- Systematic Review (60%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).