Sustainable and Societal Marketing
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 May 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand social and environmental sustainability issues in the market place and how marketing practices impact on both
- ability to incorporate sustainability thinking and tools into marketing strategies and tactics to help organisations achieve sustainability goals
- develop a stakeholder orientation that promotes an organisation and society wide effort towards sustainability practices
- understand how marketing strategies can help to facilitate the implementation of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Understanding sustainability and societal marketing
- Sustainable consumer behaviour
- Strategic sustainability marketing frameworks
- Sustainability focused product strategies
- Sustainability focused communication strategies
- Sustainable industry analysis projects students presentations
- Sustainability focused pricing strategies
- Sustainability focused distribution strategies
- Australian laws and regulations guiding marketing
- Sustainability marketing transformations
- Sustainable strategic marketing plan group project – presentations and Q&A session
- Student reflections of their learning experience
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
There is an increased awareness of how social and business practices have significantly affected the degradation of the natural environment, depletion of natural resources, and wellbeing of people. Subsequently social and environmental KPIs are emerging as a key for business to achieve sustainable competitive advantage. Sustainable marketing places equal emphasis on environmental stewardship, social stewardship and economic stewardship concerns in the development of marketing strategies. This subject addresses how sustainability issues form part of marketing strategy in the business and public sector and encompasses social marketing strategies aimed at positive societal change. It identifies and applies sustainability frameworks and tools companies use to build sustainable thinking into their marketing activities and strategies in response to opportunities and threats that arise from social, economic and environmental changes in the environment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Portfolio (40%)
- Case Facilitation (30%)
- Sustainable Industry Analysis (30%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).