- Framing a substantial original research project that is appropriate in scope and scale, including explicit research question(s)
- Developing an in-depth, critical understanding of a topic
- Backgrounding a project with conceptual development and literature analysis
- Conducting primary research (new knowledge) and secondary research (derived/desk-top/text-based)
- Research methods for qualitative and quantitative research
- Writing up research findings into a dissertation
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Assignment 1 - Dissertation (100%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this unit, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Advanced Individual Project 2.
Further development of project determined in consultation with supervisor(s) relating to the student’s field of specialisation.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.