- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
The role of the reference and information service. Basic bibliography. The reference interview. The organisation of subject/discipline access. Advanced search strategies, including their use with automated information retrieval. Planning, promoting and evaluating reference and information services. Digital and virtual reference. Current awareness services. Citation indexing. User education/information literacy. Ethical issues of references services.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Investigation (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Report (30%)