Quantitative Mathematics for Science Inquiry
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 May 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- use content knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge of quantitative mathematics (scientific numeracy) to critically evaluate how quantitative mathematics can be used and misused to support claims
- create a challenging, engaging, and differentiated learning program based upon the science inquiry approach and incorporating appropriate quantitative mathematics
- select a range of resources, including technologies, appropriate to the inquiry purpose and design
- Inquiry Learning
- Big Ideas
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Software requirements - Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject will enable students to acquire, refine, and use quantitative mathematics knowledge and procedures (primarily in measurement and statistics) while planning scaffolded, online science inquiries, thereby integrating mathematics and science in context. The use and misuse of quantitative mathematics in scientific endeavours will be critically examined.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Science inquiry design for a specified year level (60%)
- Digital evaluative report on the Science inquiry (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).