- Introduction to diversity and inclusion
- Understanding diversity
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander: cultural awareness
- Working with and in diverse communities
- Sensory, physical and health needs I
- Sensory, physical and health needs II
- Cognitive needs I
- Cognitive needs II
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural needs
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural needs II: assessment and documentation of behaviour; positive behaviour support
- Creating and understanding Individual Educational Plans I
- Creating and understanding Individual Educational Plans II
- Review and Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
The focus of this subject is on understanding about diversity within the context of a school environment. The subject will encompass literature and theory about student diversity and support and relate this knowledge to the classroom for students with diverse abilities, and cultural and social diversity. The subject includes differentiated teaching strategies to cater for diverse needs to maximise student learning outcomes. The importance of working with parents/carers and other professionals within ethical, legislative, administrative and organisational requirements will be highlighted.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Case Study (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Report (50%)