- Purpose of literacies
- Introduction to the approaches to literacies pedagogies
- Didactic literacy teaching
- Authentic literacy teaching
- Functional literacy teaching
- Critical literacy teaching
- Multimodal ways to make meaning
- Thinking and Learning Strategies
- Reviewing and Using Assessment Data
- Creating Assessments
- Building a Teaching Philosophy
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Chat Rooms
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
You don't have to enrol in this subject if you have completed EDP335 Literacy Education as they are considered equivalents.
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Pedagogies and Planning for English.
This subject introduces key theories behind English literacy pedagogies for teaching, assessment, feedback and reporting for middle and upper years of primary school. Students will use data to create integrated plans across key primary curriculum which demonstrates their knowledge of content and effective instructional approaches for diverse groups of learners. Planning will also take into account students with additional needs and offer extension to gifted and talented students.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (50%)
- Exercise (50%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Education Secondary Education
- Core Education Subjects - Unrestricted
- Major in The Arts (Visual Arts) Education
- Major in English Education
- Major in Humanities and Social Sciences Education