Mentoring, Coaching and Tutoring
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- distinguish and analyse the similarities and differences between mentoring, coaching and tutoring
- examine the characteristics of effective mentoring, coaching and tutoring programs and activities, to critically assess effective support for a diversity of participants
- evaluate the effectiveness of the mentoring, coaching or tutoring experience, objective and reflective evaluation of outcomes
- Synthesise knowledge gained from literature, peer interaction and personal experience
- Unit and Terminology
- Recording and Relationships
- Mentoring Coaching
- Tutoring Age; ability
- Culture; community
- At-risk groups
- Online programs
- Personal reflection/self-evaluation
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
In this subject students will undertake an examination of the activities of mentoring, coaching and tutoring. They will consider the conceptual underpinning, similarities and differences. Students will be required to research effective programs and strategies. The subject focuses on the development of personal skills and critical reflection through practical application during the semester.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Planning Document for Practical Component (10%)
- Report on Practical Component (40%)
- Critical review of your program (50%)
Current study term: 29 May 22 to 28 Aug 22
Textbooks are not required.
Next study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.