Marketing for Managers
Understand and apply the principles of marketing management, while you investigate the increasingly important role that marketing plays within contemporary organisations. Apply conceptual frameworks to create solutions from different contexts.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply key marketing concepts, theories and techniques for analysing a variety of marketing situations, relating knowledge from several areas
- critically evaluate and reflect upon specific marketing decisions and marketing strategies and make choices based on reasoned argument
- review and apply international trends with regard to the theory and practice of marketing management principles
- interpret and apply relevant theoretical and conceptual frameworks and develop a solution with regard to an applied project.
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing strategies
- Identifying Opportunities: the market
- Identifying Opportunities: Buyers and Information (focus on customers)
- Identifying Opportunities: Buyers and Information (focus on research)
- Creating and Delivering Value: Products
- Creating and Delivering Value: Services
- Creating and Delivering Value: Pricing
- Creating and Delivering Value: Products: Place
- Creating and Delivering Value: Integrated Marketing Communications
- Creating and Delivering Value
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
Marketing’s central role in creating, communicating, capturing and sustaining value in organisations. The unit employs an integrated marketing management framework, studying marketing in its local and global context. Comprehensive content and associated resources are designed with a view to applying the principles of marketing management across a wide range of organisational contexts.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Written Analysis and Discussion (30%)
- Case Study (35%)
- Applied Project (35%)