- Introduction to Positive Learning Framework for Classroom Management
- Models of Classroom Management
- Proactive strategies: Teacher Behaviour and connecting with students
- Developing safe, supportive and accountable learning environments - Preventative
- Developing safe, supportive and accountable learning environments - Corrective
- Creating a personal learning management plan
- Re-engaging the disengaged learner
- Diverse needs of learners
- Strengths-based model
- Engaging the stakeholders
- Restorative practice
- Building resilience
- Reflection and review
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject focusses on creating and maintaining a positive learning framework, developing safe, supportive and accountable learning environments. Emphasis will be placed on proactive teacher behaviour in meeting individual student needs, motivating and engaging all learners.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Exercise (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Essay (50%)