Managing the Learning Environment
Understand how to maintain a positive, safe and supportive learning environment. Focus on your own proactive behaviour in being able to meet individual student needs and appreciate how to engage carers and the wider community.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Aug 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- research and explain how the diverse needs of learners can be met in the classroom
- create a personal learning management plan that comprises and synthesises philosophy, theory and practical strategies
- engage and interact with students, parents/carers, schools, communities, professional networks and critique their roles within these interconnected relationships
- research and analyse specific strengths-based strategies to engage meaningful learning.
- Introduction to Positive Learning Framework for Classroom Management
- Models of Classroom Management
- Proactive strategies: Teacher Behaviour and connecting with students
- Developing safe, supportive and accountable learning environments - Preventative
- Developing safe, supportive and accountable learning environments - Corrective
- Creating a personal learning management plan
- Re-engaging the disengaged learner
- Diverse needs of learners
- Strengths-based model
- Engaging the stakeholders
- Restorative practice
- Building resilience
- Reflection and review
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject focusses on creating and maintaining a positive learning framework, developing safe, supportive and accountable learning environments. Emphasis will be placed on proactive teacher behaviour in meeting individual student needs, motivating and engaging all learners.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Exercise (50%)
- Essay (50%)
Textbook information is pending.