You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Syllabus and Course Design Overview
- Assessment Overview: Terminology and contemporary approaches
- Product and Process syllabus types
- Approaches to materials design in a digital age
- Impact and backwash in assessment
- Defining course objectives and selecting and grading content
- Needs analysis in course design
- Validity and Reliability
- Practicality, Authenticity and Interactiveness in assessment
- Preparing learners for external tests
- Emerging and diverging approaches to assessment
- Unit Review
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject enables students to reflect on personal practice in the light of emerging and diverging approaches to syllabus design and evaluation in language teaching.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Exercise (40%)
- Report (60%)
Textbook information is pending.