International Trends in Education
Examine the current trends shaping education systems and practices. Assess the impact that international trends have on Australia’s local education context, then develop your own predictive overview how those trends may influence future education.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify and interpret the sources of current trends in education
- analyse and deconstruct the impact international trends have on the local education context
- evaluate and critique the impact international trends have on learning and teaching
- develop a predictive overview of future trends that will influence education.
- Neoliberalism and governance
- Data and testing (1)
- Data and testing (2)
- Competition, privatisation and choice
- School autonomy
- Private study and consultations
- Educational leadership
- School effectiveness & improvement
- Re-casting inequality
- Educating in diverse contexts
- Consultations and unit review
- Rethinking schooling
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials
This subject examines the current trends shaping education systems and educational practice. It adopts an international perspective and examines developments in theories, research and policy that influence and change education and schooling. It explores the major influences education systems and their consequences for schools, teachers and learners. This subject provides educators with the theoretical and conceptual tools to understand and respond critically to contemporary educational change.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Investigation Project (50%)
- Case Study (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.