International Marketing for Managers
Make your marketing meaningful as you learn how to identify opportunities, isolate challenges and apply global marketing frameworks. Collaborate to make decisions and create strategic executions to achieve a sustainable presence in market.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- assess international marketing environments and cross-cultural consumer behaviour
- identify relevant opportunities and challenges in various international markets
- formulate strategic solutions to address pertinent global marketing and sustainability issues
- apply relevant theories and frameworks associated with international marketing
- Introduction to Global Marketing
- Global Economic and Trade Environment
- Social and Cultural Environment
- Political, Legal, and Regulatory Environment
- Competitive Environment –Country competitiveness and Industry Competitiveness
- Entry Modes
- Understanding consumer behaviour in global market
- Product and branding decisions in global markets
- Pricing decisions in global markets
- Global channels & distribution decisions
- Global communications
- Digitization and International Marketing. Exam Revision
- Standard Media
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Web links
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Online Assessment
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject is designed to develop students’ understandings of the marketing challenges and opportunities encountered in global markets. Through industry-focused case analysis and conceptual underpinnings students will develop
cross-cultural business skills relevant to the global marketing environment, including entry strategies, social and cultural understandings, strategic international competitiveness, and consumer behaviour in global markets. Students will work actively and collaboratively to execute strategic thinking and decision making in achieving a sustainable presence in global markets.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Market Entry Assessment (35%)
- Case Analysis and Discussion Leadership (25%)
- Online Exam (40%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.