Integrated Global Communications
See how multi-national firms plan, develop and implement marketing communications programs for global brands. Investigate the challenges of marketing across different cultures and media. Explore essential strategies including targeting and positioning.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- analyse the evolution of contemporary global marketing communications campaigns across cultures and communication media
- evaluate nuanced consumer behaviours of global brands, including culturally significant groups and behaviours, through the effective implementation of segmentation, targeting, and positioning strategies
- analyse industry sourced Paid, Owned and Earned global marketing communications strategies and tactics, with a focus on digital and emerging techniques
- formulate critical review with effective synthesis and application of sophisticated marketing concepts
- Evolution of IMC
- Segmenting, Targeting, Positioning
- Consumer Behaviour
- Paid Media 1
- Paid Media 2
- Owned Media 1
- Owned Media 2
- Earned Media 1
- Earned Media 2
- Measuring Effectiveness
- Unit Conclusion / Exam Preparation
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject is designed to provide an overview of the current developments and management of global and multi-national marketing communications programs. The focus is on how those firms plan, develop and implement marketing communication programs to support various sales and marketing initiatives both nationally, regionally and globally. We will investigate the various alternatives and challenges of marketing communications across borders, across cultures
and across communication systems. The subject includes all aspects of marketing communications.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Data-Driven Critique (25%)
- Strategic Campaign Development (40%)
- Invigilated Exam (35%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Textbooks are not required.