Integrated Global Communications
See how multi-national firms plan, develop and implement marketing communications programs for global brands. Investigate the challenges of marketing across different cultures and media. Explore essential strategies including targeting and positioning.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- analyse the evolution of contemporary global marketing communications campaigns across cultures and communication media
- evaluate nuanced consumer behaviours of global brands, including culturally significant groups and behaviours, through the effective implementation of segmentation, targeting, and positioning strategies
- analyse industry sourced Paid, Owned and Earned global marketing communications strategies and tactics, with a focus on digital and emerging techniques
- formulate critical review with effective synthesis and application of sophisticated marketing concepts
- Evolution of IMC
- Segmenting, Targeting, Positioning
- Consumer Behaviour
- Paid Media 1
- Paid Media 2
- Owned Media 1
- Owned Media 2
- Earned Media 1
- Earned Media 2
- Measuring Effectiveness
- Unit Conclusion / Exam Preparation
- Standard Media
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject is designed to provide an overview of the current developments and management of global and multi-national marketing communications programs. The focus is on how those firms plan, develop and implement marketing communication programs to support various sales and marketing initiatives both nationally, regionally and globally. We will investigate the various alternatives and challenges of marketing communications across borders, across cultures
and across communication systems. The subject includes all aspects of marketing communications.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Data-Driven Critique (25%)
- Strategic Campaign Development (40%)
- Invigilated Exam (35%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.