Fundamentals of Special Taxation Topics
Understand special tax topics so that you can solve problems for individuals and businesses. Understand fringe benefits, reporting, Australian and Commonwealth tax laws. Gain confidence explaining complex tax to the average Joe.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Aug 2019
- 02 Mar 2020
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain the taxable value of fringe benefits and other indirect taxes and the related reporting obligations under australian tax legislation
- communicate tax information to expert and non-expert stakeholders with clarity and accuracy for diverse purposes
- generate critical solutions to complex tax problems for individuals and businesses
- review state and commonwealth tax laws and evaluate the legislation applicable to these areas.
- Fringe Benefits Tax and other indirect taxes
- State and Commonwealth Taxes
- Introduction to the Superannuation and Retirement in Australia and Employment Payments
- Detailed examination of the Capital Tax Provisions in Australia
- Taxation issues associated with various business entities
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Study guide
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No special requirements
This subject will look at the following areas of taxation in depth and will include both a theory and calculation based approach.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (25%)
- Case Study (25%)
- Invigilated exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.