Financial Principles and Analysis
Expand the range of financial tools and analysis methods in your arsenal. Consider their potential applications in the business sector. Calculate how company values can be advantaged or disadvantaged by the financial decision-making process.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- describe the basic building blocks of finance
- apply financial tools to value real and financial assets
- analyse and communicate how company values can be enhanced and destroyed via financial decision making
- evaluate and apply the concepts of risk management.
- Finance overview
- Time value of money
- Interest rates
- Valuations - bonds. Valuations - stocks
- Return, risk, diversification and CAPM
- Capital budgeting decision criteria
- Cashflows and capital budgeting
- Cost of capital
- Capital structure
- Risk management
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Other requirements -
This subject covers the monetary decisions that businesses make and the financial tools and analyses used to make these decisions.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Case Study Assignment (25%)
- Major Assignment (25%)
- Post-Entry Language Assessment (PELA) (0%)