- Finance overview
- Time value of money
- Interest rates
- Valuations - bonds. Valuations - stocks
- Return, risk, diversification and CAPM
- Capital budgeting decision criteria
- Cashflows and capital budgeting
- Cost of capital
- Capital structure
- Risk management
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Assignment 1 - Final Exam (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Individual assignment (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Mid-study period test (30%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject covers the monetary decisions that businesses make and the financial tools and analyses used to make these decisions.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.