Emerging Technologies and the Future of Learning
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- critically explore, analyse, and evaluate currently emerging technologies for learning
- devise an implementation strategy for innovative technology in a learning environment
- interpret and evaluate how technologies are changing approaches to and perspectives on learning
- Module 1: Explore, analyse and evaluate currently emerging technologies for learning
- Module 2: Implementing innovative technologies into a learning environment
- Module 3: Technology and society: The evolving conceptualisation of learners, educators and learning environments
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
In this subject students will explore, analyse and evaluate current leading-edge and emerging technologies. Examining these technologies through social, political, and cultural lenses, students will explore how technologies are changing education, including the ideas about and approaches to learners, educators, and learning environments. The unit encourages students to think through the implications of these changes for the future of learning with technology, considering both advantages and risks. Students will develop a plan to lead the implementation of innovative learning technologies in an educational context of their choice.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Implementation plan (50%)
- Report (50%)
Current study term: 29 May 22 to 28 Aug 22
Textbooks are not required.
Next study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.