- Creating and capturing customer value
- Partnering to build customer relationships. Analysing the marketing environment
- Understanding consumer and business buyer behaviour
- Creating value for target customers. Summary presentation and marketing plan
- Products, services and brands. Developing new products and managing innovation
- Summary presentation
- Pricing to capture customer value
- Advertising and public relations. Personal selling and sales promotions
- Summary presentation
- Direct and digital marketing: Building one-to-one customer relationships. Poster details
- Sustainable marketing. Critical comments - marketing plan
- Standard Media
- Online assignment submission
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Web links
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
Students who have successfully completed MBA600 Marketing for Managers as part of Curtin's Master of Business Administration (MBA) should not enrol into MMK500 Discerning Marketing Management.
No special requirements
This subject introduces marketing to postgraduate students from other discipline areas. It initiates students into the marketing discipline by highlighting the principles fundamental to both consumer and business decision-making.
Students will acquire knowledge of marketing theories, frameworks and strategies which will equip them to analyse, evaluate and create strategic initiatives in the marketplace. Students will further develop professional skills in leadership,
collaboration and problem-solving in communications with their peers and industry clients.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Market Review (25%)
- Market Practice (35%)
- Market Innovate (40%)
Textbook information is pending.