Designing STEM Integration
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Aug 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- appraise the social, cultural and political contexts that drive STEM education
- identify and evaluate different pedagogical models for innovative instruction of STEM education
- develop an integrated STEM program for a specific learning environment
- Explore STEM Integration
- Agendas driving STEM Education
- Diverse learners in STEM and multicultural education
- Evaluate STEM Integration pedagogical models (e.g. inquiry-based, design-based, computational-based learning)
- Promote STEM literacy and 21st century skills
- Designing integrated STEM teaching approaches
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject examines different pedagogical models for the innovative teaching and learning of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). Students will first explore the social, cultural and political contexts that drive the current emphasis on STEM integration. Students will then examine case studies from exemplary STEM pedagogical models to identify and evaluate common characteristics of effective integrated STEM learning experiences. Finally, students will discuss issues related to the design, implementation and evaluation of integrated STEM teaching approaches for an educational or professional setting.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- A critical analysis of a pedagogical approach (50%)
- Design an integrated STEM learning experience (50%)
Current study term: 27 Aug 23 to 26 Nov 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.