- Subject orientation, introduction, mentors and assessments; inclusion, differentiation, disability legislation School; curriculum standards authority (SCSA) website and resources
- The arts learning area and curriculum evolution since 2000
- Current WACE arts course design templates
- Programming and compliance issues for teachers of the WACE Arts courses
- Arts making – rationale, essential content, learning outcomes, contexts, assessment types
- Arts responding – rationale, essential content, learning outcomes, contexts, assessment types
- School based assessment: Formative
- School based assessment: Summative
- Consistent and comparable judgements and reporting
- External assessment
- Australian Qualifications Training Framework (AQTF) and Vocational Education and Training (VET) overview
- Post school study and industry pathways subject review
- Standard Media
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject is designed to prepare pre-service teachers to teach the Upper Secondary Arts curriculum. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, assessment, reporting, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Upper Secondary Arts. The subject examines moderation, the provision of feedback and responding to individual student needs.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (50%)
- Portfolio (50%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Education Secondary Education
- Core Education Subjects - Unrestricted
- Major in The Arts (Visual Arts) Education
- Major in English Education
- Major in Humanities and Social Sciences Education