Curriculum and Instruction Senior Secondary: English
Evaluate and refine your teaching practise to enhance student learning. Immerse yourself in the study of assessment design and reporting to be able to teach novel studies, expository texts, drama, poetry, and creative writing.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
- 01 Jun 2020
- 30 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to evaluate and refine teaching programs to enhance student learning in Senior Secondary English
- interpret assessment data to provide feedback and inform teaching and learning in Senior Secondary English
- establish robust practices for the recording and reporting of student achievement in Senior Secondary English to educational stakeholders
- use contemporary research-based knowledge and understanding of Senior Secondary English curriculum to create learning plans to meet diverse needs of students
- generate assessment strategies to monitor, measure and make consistent and comparable judgements of student learning in Senior Secondary English.
- Exploring all Senior School English Courses
- English and graduation attainment
- Senior Secondary English and struggling learners
- English assessment: Design, delivery and feedback; Moderation, feedback and reporting
- Literature and literary studies courses
- English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD) courses
- High-stakes university entry examination preparation
- School-based curriculum planning
- Senior School text production
- Professional development and finding work as an English teacher
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Curriculum and Instruction Upper Secondary: English.
This subject is designed to prepare pre-service teachers to teach the Senior Secondary English curriculum. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, assessment, reporting, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Senior Secondary English. The subject examines moderation, the provision of feedback and responding to individual student needs.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Senior Secondary Presentation (50%)
- Assessment Portfolio (50%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.