- Whole upper secondary English course overview - Exploring all Upper School English Courses
- Exploring all Upper School Literature Courses
- Assessment: types, design and feedback
- Assessment: moderation, reporting and exams
- Novel study - Point of view
- Expository texts - Workplace texts
- Viewing in the English Course - Stills, Feature Film and Documentary, Catering for Diverse learners in Yr 11 & 12
- Drama in the English course - Catering for Diverse learners in Yr 11 & 12
- Poetry in the English course - Catering for Diverse learners in Yr 11 & 12
- Writing in the English course - Catering for Diverse learners in Yr 11 & 12
- Creative writing in the English course - Everyday texts; Multimodal, digital/online and hybrid texts, Context, audience and purpose.
- National and Local Curriculum Upper Secondary English exams and revision techniques
- Review and Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject is designed to prepare pre-service teachers to teach the Upper Secondary English curriculum. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, assessment, reporting, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Upper Secondary English. The subject examines moderation, the provision of feedback and responding to individual student needs.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Upper School Course Presentation (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Assessment Portfolio (50%)