Curriculum and Instruction Senior Secondary: Mathematics
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 May 2023
- 27 Nov 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- establish critical and reflective practice in Senior Secondary Mathematics based on local, national and international theory, research and practice
- establish robust practices for the recording and reporting of student achievement in Senior Secondary Mathematics to educational stakeholders
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to plan and develop assessments to enhance learning for a diversity of students in Senior Secondary Mathematics
- generate assessment strategies and interpret assessment data to evaluate and refine teaching programs to monitor, measure and make consistent and comparable judgements of student learning in Senior Secondary Mathematics
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to plan and develop inclusive and engaging teaching programs to enhance enhance learning for a diversity of students in Senior Secondary Mathematics
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject was previously known as Curriculum and Instruction Upper Secondary: Mathematics
Curriculum and Instruction Senior Secondary: Mathematics prepares pre-service teachers to teach the Senior Secondary Mathematics curriculum. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, assessment, reporting, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Senior Secondary Mathematics. The subject examines moderation, the provision of feedback and responding to a diversity of learners.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Critical Course Review and Reflection (50%)
- Portfolio of Senior Secondary Programming, Assessment and Reflection (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).