Curriculum and Instruction Senior Secondary: Health and Physical Education
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to evaluate and refine teaching programs to enhance pedagogy and student learning in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education
- interpret assessment data to provide feedback and inform teaching and learning in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education
- establish robust practices for feedback, recording and reporting of student achievement in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education
- use contemporary research-based knowledge and understanding of Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education curriculum to create learning plans to meet diverse needs of students
- generate assessment strategies to monitor, measure and make consistent and comparable judgements of student learning in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education.
- General introduction to the Senior Secondary curriculum: Health and Physical Education
- Health Education Studies Years 11 and 12
- Outdoor Education Years 11 and 12
- Physical Education Studies Years 11 and 12
- Differentiation/Accommodation: Gender and abilities-based adaptations
- VET; VET Industry Specific (VETIS) courses; Endorsed Programs
- Wider Responsibilities: Physical Education / Sport and Exercise Science related issues
- The Reflective Practitioner
- Web links
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Online assignment submission
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject is designed to prepare pre-service teachers to teach the Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education curriculum. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, assessment, reporting, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education (HPE). The subject examines moderation, the provision of feedback and responding to individual student needs. It will explore learning practices to support and challenge a diverse student cohort.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Multimedia presentation (50%)
- Annotated bibliography (50%)
Textbook information is pending.