Curriculum and Instruction Senior Secondary: Health and Physical Education
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- establish critical and reflective practice in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education based on local, national and international theory, research and practice
- establish robust practices for the recording and reporting of student achievement in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education to educational stakeholders
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to plan and develop assessments to enhance learning for a diversity of students in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education
- generate assessment strategies and interpret assessment data to evaluate and refine teaching programs to monitor, measure and make consistent and comparable judgements of student learning in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to plan and develop inclusive and engaging teaching programs to enhance learning for a diversity of students in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
Curriculum and Instruction Senior Secondary: Health and Physical Education prepares pre-service teachers to teach the Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education curriculum. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, assessment, reporting, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education. The subject examines moderation, the provision of feedback and responding to a diversity of learners.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Critical Course Review and Reflection (50%)
- Portfolio of Senior Secondary Programming and Assessment and Reflection (50%)
Current study term: 29 May 22 to 28 Aug 22
Textbooks are not required.
Next study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.