Curriculum and Instruction Senior Secondary: Health and Physical Education
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Nov 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to evaluate and refine teaching programs to enhance pedagogy and student learning in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education
- interpret assessment data to provide feedback and inform teaching and learning in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education
- establish robust practices for feedback, recording and reporting of student achievement in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education
- use contemporary research-based knowledge and understanding of Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education curriculum to create learning plans to meet diverse needs of students
- generate assessment strategies to monitor, measure and make consistent and comparable judgements of student learning in Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education.
- The Senior Secondary Health and Physical and Outdoor Education (HPE) curriculum in WA and Australia
- Current issues in HPE and Exercise & Sports Science curriculum, including industry practices locally, nationally and globally
- Current Pedagogical practices and strategies in upper HPE learning area to create inclusive and positive environment for all learners
- The Reflective Practitioner: Applying teaching, assessment, reporting and lesson design for senior secondary HPE students
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject is designed to prepare pre-service teachers to teach the Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education curriculum. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, assessment, reporting, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Senior Secondary Health and Physical Education (HPE). The subject examines moderation, the provision of feedback and responding to individual student needs. It will explore learning practices to support and challenge a diverse student cohort.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Multimedia presentation (50%)
- Annotated bibliography (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.