- Science Literacy - Investigations and inquiry
- Observation in inquiry - Chemistry (solids, liquids and gases)
- Questioning - Physical and chemical changes in Chemistry
- Science Focus - Earth and space science
- Teaching Strategies 5E Model
- Lesson Planning & creating outcomes - Physics (electricity)
- Focus on Assessment - Physics
- Assessment applications - Physics (heating, cooling and freezing)
- Programming and Planning Units - Biology
- Classroom Management & Safety - Biology (food webs and decomposing)
- ICT STEM - Literacies of Science
- ICT STEM - Science as a Human Endeavour
- Reflection and Review
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject is designed to prepare pre-service Lower Secondary Science teachers. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, evaluation, resources, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Lower Secondary Science. Teaching and learning practices to support and challenge a diverse student cohort are explored.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Report (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Essay (50%)