Curriculum and Instruction Lower Secondary: Science
Get prepared to teach lower secondary science. Create positive student interactions and encourage learning. Study teaching and reporting strategies and stakeholder engagement. Learn to moderate, give feedback and respond to student’s individual needs.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- establish critical and reflective practice in Lower Secondary Science based on local, national and international theory, research and practice
- appraise a range of resources, including technologies, and make appropriate selections, including those which support and enhance the development of general capabilities and literacy and numeracy, to inform Lower Secondary Science teaching programs
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to plan and develop inclusive and integrated teaching and learning experiences to enhance learning for a diversity of learners in Lower Secondary Science
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to plan and develop assessments that support differentiated learning; and inform further teaching plans in Lower Secondary Science
- Curriculum & Pedagogy
- Discipline Knowledge
- Teaching and Learning
- Planning & Assessment
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Other requirements -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
Curriculum and Instruction Lower Secondary: Science prepares pre-service Lower Secondary Science teachers. Focus will be on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, evaluation, resources, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Lower Secondary Science. Teaching and learning practices to support and challenge a diverse student cohort are explored.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Lower Secondary Science Annotated Resource List and Critical Reflection (50%)
- Lower Secondary Science Teaching and Learning Program (50%)
Current study term: 29 May 22 to 28 Aug 22
The Art of Teaching Science: A Comprehensive Guide to the Teaching of Secondary School Science
Dawson, V., et al.
Next study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.