Curriculum and Instruction Lower Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 May 2023
- 27 Nov 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- establish critical and reflective practice in Lower Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences based on local, national and international theory, research and practice
- appraise a range of resources, including technologies, and make appropriate selections, including those which support and enhance the development of general capabilities and literacy and numeracy, to inform Lower Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences teaching programs
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to plan and develop inclusive and integrated teaching and learning experiences to enhance learning for a diversity of learners in Lower Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to plan and develop assessments that support differentiated learning; and inform further teaching plans in Lower Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences
- Curriculum & Pedagogy
- Discipline Knowledge
- Teaching and Learning
- Planning & Assessment
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Other requirements - Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative; access to video creation and editing software.
Curriculum and Instruction Lower Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences prepares pre-service Lower Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences teachers. Focus will be on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, evaluation, resources, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Lower Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences. Teaching and learning practices to support and challenge a diverse student cohort are explored.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Lower Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences Teaching and Learning Program (50%)
- Lower Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences Annotated Resource List and Critical Reflection (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).