Curriculum and Instruction Lower Secondary: Health and Physical Education
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- establish critical and reflective practice in Lower Secondary Health and Physical Education based on local, national and international theory, research and practice
- appraise a range of resources, including technologies, and make appropriate selections, including those which support and enhance the development of general capabilities and literacy and numeracy, to inform Lower Secondary Health and Physical Education teaching programs
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to plan and develop inclusive and integrated teaching and learning experiences to enhance learning for a diversity of learners in Lower Secondary Health and Physical Education
- apply high-level discipline knowledge, principles and concepts to plan and develop assessments that support differentiated learning; and inform further teaching plans in Lower Secondary Health and Physical Education
- Curriculum & Pedagogy
- Discipline Knowledge
- Teaching and Learning
- Planning & Assessment
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
Curriculum and Instruction Lower Secondary: Health and Physical Education prepares pre-service Lower Secondary Health and Physical Education teachers. Focus will be on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, evaluation, resources, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Lower Secondary Health and Physical Education. Teaching and learning practices to support and challenge a diverse student cohort are explored.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Lower Secondary Health and Physical Education Annotated Resource List and Critical Reflection (50%)
- Lower Secondary Health and Physical Education Teaching and Learning Program (50%)
Current study term: 29 May 22 to 28 Aug 22
Textbooks are not required.
Next study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.