Corporate Finance for Managers
Bring corporate finance skills to your MBA. Understand what goes into decision-making for investments, mergers and acquisitions – so that you can be a better manager. Cover working capital, company valuations and share portfolio management.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain the basic principles. frameworks and corporate finance models as they apply to business at a local and international level
- interpret corporate finance principles to solve business problems
- communicate the international scope and scale of corporate finance and how international trends and activities affect decision making in local business
- evaluate and synthesize the information learned and appropriately communicate that knowledge using relevant technology.
- Introduction & Time Value of Money
- Valuing Bonds
- Valuing Shares
- Investing: Decision Criteria
- Investing: DCF & Project Analysis
- Risk: Risk and Return
- Risk: WACC & Company Valuation
- Financing: Capital Raising
- Financing: Debt Policy & Capital Structure
- Dividend Payout Policy
- Special Topics
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
This subject is designed to introduce MBA students to a wide range of corporate finance topics to enable them to understand and participate in corporate finance decision making in organisations. The types of decisions include major capital investments, mergers and acquisitions, working capital, company valuations and share portfolio management.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Exercise (30%)
- Project Report (35%)
- Invigilated Exam (35%)
Current study term: 29 May 22 to 28 Aug 22
Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, 3rd ed.
Jonathan Berk, et al.
Next study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.