Corporate Finance for Managers
Bring corporate finance skills to your MBA. Understand what goes into decision-making for investments, mergers and acquisitions – so that you can be a better manager. Cover working capital, company valuations and share portfolio management.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 25 Nov 2019
- 01 Jun 2020
- 30 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain the basic principles. frameworks and corporate finance models as they apply to business at a local and international level
- interpret corporate finance principles to solve business problems
- communicate the international scope and scale of corporate finance and how international trends and activities affect decision making in local business
- evaluate and synthesize the information learned and appropriately communicate that knowledge using relevant technology.
- Introduction & Time Value of Money
- Valuing Bonds
- Valuing Shares
- Investing: Decision Criteria
- Investing: DCF & Project Analysis
- Risk: Risk and Return
- Risk: WACC & Company Valuation
- Financing: Capital Raising
- Financing: Debt Policy & Capital Structure
- Dividend Payout Policy
- Special Topics
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Embedded Multimedia
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Streaming Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Online assignment submission
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject is designed to introduce MBA students to a wide range of corporate finance topics to enable them to understand and participate in corporate finance decision making in organisations. The types of decisions include major capital investments, mergers and acquisitions, working capital, company valuations and share portfolio management.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Exercise (30%)
- Project Report (35%)
- Invigilated Exam (35%)
Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, 10th ed.
Brealey, et al.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.