- Introduction, Terminology and Perspective
- Risk and ISO31000
- The Nature of Risk and Risk Management
- Attitudes of Risk
- Critical Risk Factors
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
- Risk Mitigation
- Risk Allocation
- Contractual Risk
- Risk to Cost, Time and Quality
- Documenting Risk
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
Note: Level 4 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 3 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
An introduction to the history and concept of risk and uncertainty in construction projects. The processes of project risk management for construction projects using risk simulations.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Case study analysis (25%)
- Assignment 2 - Risk register report (50%)
- Assignment 3 - Case study (25%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject