Construction Risk Management
Study the history of risk and uncertainty in construction. Stake out solutions considering risk attitude, assessment, management, mitigation and allocation. Create real risk management documents and perform automatic risk simulations. Discuss ideas.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply the processes of project risk management to create authentic risk management documents
- use computer technology to perform risk simulations
- discuss and reflect upon risk management concepts.
- Introduction, Terminology and Perspective
- Risk and ISO31000
- The Nature of Risk and Risk Management
- Attitudes of Risk
- Critical Risk Factors
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
- Risk Mitigation
- Risk Allocation
- Contractual Risk
- Risk to Cost, Time and Quality
- Documenting Risk
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
Note: Level 4 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 3 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
An introduction to the history and concept of risk and uncertainty in construction projects. The processes of project risk management for construction projects using risk simulations.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Risk register report (50%)
- Case study (25%)
- Case study analysis (25%)
Bachelor of Applied Science Construction Management
- Level 1 Open Subjects
- Level 2 Subjects
- Level 3 Subjects
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours