Commerce Research Project
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Aug 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- evaluate and determine literature relevant to business, community, industry or government in a research project
- investigate a business or research problem, create a robust method to evaluate the problem and applying the results to a business context
- produce a research project proposal in an acceptable research or professional format
- produce a concise industry paper to a publishable level or a professional report that meets industry standard
- Topics will be determined individually with the student and the supervisor. The project and industry selected will determine the topic.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
Students will investigate a business or research problem and synthesise findings or innovative solutions for a project embedded in business, community, industry or government. Students will compose a professional report by conducting a fully integrated research project proposal with literature review, research design and methodology, data collection and analysis; and develop findings or recommendations.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Proposal (20%)
- Report (70%)
- Reflective Journal (10%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).