Chemical Engineering Graduate Research Project 5
Wrap up your in-depth investigation of a chemical engineering research problem as you continue to draw on established analytical, practical and research methods. Convey your conclusions and recommendations through a thorough academic report.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 11 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- deploy an appropriate combination of knowledge, research, analytical methods, cross-disciplinary learning skills, and creativity to conceive, design and develop solutions to complex engineering problems with intellectual independence
- manage the continuation and completion of a significant open-ended chemical engineering research project, demonstrating self-discipline, self-management skills, personal responsibility and the ability to set learning and achievement goals to meet its objectives within the required time-frame and available resources
- identify, reflect upon and document possible solutions to professional, ethical, cultural, and environmental issues that arise in an engineering project
- apply advanced communication and interpretative skills to communicate relevant outcomes, conclusions and recommendations against the research objectives and problem statement in written form adhering to university conventions of academic integrity.
- Undertake research tasks required for research project
- Attend weekly meetings with supervisor
- Submit final report
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
A laboratory-based project, or a computer simulation problem, or an equipment design and build project, or another type of industry-based problem.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Reflective Journals (10%)
- Final Report (90%)
Textbook information is pending.