Chemical Engineering Graduate Research Project 2
Search for a solution to an authentic chemical engineering problem. Choose to conduct your work in the lab, use computer simulations, or design and build equipment. Report your findings to your research supervisor.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 11 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify, plan and commence a project that leads to the solution of an authentic chemical engineering problem
- deploy an appropriate combination of knowledge, research, analytical methods, cross disciplinary learning skills, and creativity to conceive, design and develop solutions to complex engineering problems with intellectual independence
- develop a project management plan that outlines objectives, activities, resources, timeline and risk assessment to demonstrate self-discipline, self-management skills, personal responsibility and the ability to set learning and achievement goals
- reflect upon and critically review project work and apply advanced communication and interpretative skills to convey progress in written form adhering to university conventions of academic integrity.
- Introduction to research project & Lab safety
- Literature search & Literature review writing
- Report writing
- Statistical analysis and regression
- Factorial experiment
- Undertake research tasks required for research project
- Attend weekly meetings with supervisor
- Submit initial and progress report
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
A laboratory-based project, or a computer simulation problem, or an equipment design and build project, or another type of industry-based problem.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Reflective Journals (10%)
- Initial Report (10%)
- Progress Report (80%)
Textbook information is pending.