Chemical Engineering Graduate Research Project 1
Fast track the research component of your masters degree. In just one study term, you’ll cover the methods and tools of engineering research, then conduct your own project researching a simulation-oriented, theoretical or industry based topic.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 16 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- reflect upon the methodology used to conduct and report on the research study in the field of chemical engineering
- critically evaluate literature relevant to a research topic
- analyse a research topic and formulate a plan to direct on-going research work; choose and justify methods for data collection and analysis
- analyse data in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations about a research topic in the context of the established literature
- independently and systematically communicate the findings of an engineering research project to a professional standard.
- Introduction to research project & Lab safety
- Literature search & Literature review writing
- Report writing
- Statistical analysis and regression
- Factorial experiment
- Undertake research tasks required for research project
- Attend weekly meetings with supervisor
- Submit initial and final report
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
In this subject, students undertake a comprehensive, individual research project on a chemical engineering topic under the guidance of an academic supervisor. The project may be experimental, simulation-oriented, theoretical or industry based. Each student will be introduced to the methods and conventions of engineering research, formulate a research plan to meet the project’s objectives, conduct a literature review into the research topic, apply appropriate methods to collect and analyse data, discuss the findings in the context of the established literature, and then draw conclusions and make recommendations with respect to the project’s objectives. The results are communicated through regular journals, meetings and reports.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Reflective Journals (10%)
- Initial Report (10%)
- Final report (80%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.