Business Policy and Strategy
Learn to drive competitiveness in the business world on a global scale. Unpack strategies that drive competitiveness with guest lectures from industry experts. Showcase your newfound skills with a major project.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Nov 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- evaluate and investigate appropriate frameworks and models to business strategy and international management scenarios
- determine the value of existing versus new paradigms within the field of business strategy and international management as a precursor to researching through data collection and analysis and developing a series of recommendations for managers
- evaluate the utility of different ideas, concepts, frameworks and models across different regions and different cultures
- synthesise and research different frameworks and models to determine critical issues in complex, multi-dimensional problems and provide practical recommendations for organisations.
- Introduction - Scenario Planning/Globalization
- Industry Structure and External Analysis/Strategic Decision Making
- Internal Analysis/Simulation – Decision 1
- Business-level strategy/Disruption and Transformation/Simulation – Decision 2
- Business Models/Implementation/Simulation – Decision 3
- Transient Advantage & Blue Ocean Strategy/Corporate Strategy/Simulation – Decision 4
- National Competitive Advantage/International Strategic Alliances/Simulation – Decision 5
- Entry Modes/Structuring Multinational Organizations/Simulation – Decision 6
- Cross-border management/Culture and learning in a Global Context
- Ethics and CSR in a Global Environment/Test
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject was previously known as Strategy and International Business Competitiveness.
This capstone subject focuses on the practice and concepts of strategic management to drive international business competitiveness through the introduction of appropriate theoretical models and frameworks. It allows students to develop a comprehensive understanding of the strategic drivers of competitiveness and the strategy process thatunderpins it. The subject maintains a close link and relevance to industry through guest lectures from industry leaders. In addition, research is embedded via a major individual project and research skills are developed through appropriate syndicate exercises.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Analysis (40%)
- Research Report (60%)
Current study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.