- Australia Government Overview
- Responsibilities on Building Control
- Local Government Structures
- Development Control
- Planning Committee Meeting
- Building Permits
- Work Affecting Adjoining Land
- Disability Access Provisions
- Project Completion, Commissioning and Occupancy
- Case Studies
- Role of the Building Surveyor
- Building Surveying: Private and Public
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 1 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
An introduction to Australia’s Building Control System including: the functions of the WA Building Commission; the role of Permit Authorities; Planning legislation interaction with Building Construction; final commissioning of major projects from a regulatory perspective; sustainability and modern Building Control legislation and access for people with disabilities in current Codes.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Essay — Evaluate the Building Act (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Report — Team Evaluation (30%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject