- Memory, Identity and Architecture
- Introduction to Heritage
- Strangers in a Strange Land
- The Armed Camp
- Marvellous Melbourne
- Sweetness and Light
- The Showgirl and the Priest
- Modernism in Australia
- Nuts and Berries
- The Architecture of Commemoration
- The Contested Past
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, eg for this subject the completion of BAS130 Architecture and Culture. Ensure all Level 1 subjects have been completed.
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
This subject was previously known as Australia, Architecture and Identity.
This subject explores cultural and historical themes in regional design precedents. Through research and site visits this subject examines the development of national and local architecture identity and its present context in global modernism and post-modernism. Global, national, local, and heritage issues impacting on architecture are also investigated in this subject.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment 2 - Presentation (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Essay (40%)