Architectural Professional Practice 2
Expose yourself to the way things work in the world of professional architecture.Read over construction contracts, legalese and agreements. Learn how to negotiate conditions of engagement and fee estimates. Develop your own business plan.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 May 2019
- 24 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- evaluate options related to legal and contractual issues relevant to contemporary professional practice in the discipline.
- assess the management and marketing practices in a range of industry settings
- construct a business plan that considers management and marketing in architectural practice.
- Introduction to the law and the management of an architectural practice
- Establishing a practice and assessing the costs
- Managing a business and managing a workplace
- Marketing architectural services and client / architect relations
- Financial management and estimating a fee
- Legal systems and employment law
- Business structures
- Common law, tort and promises
- Elements of construction contracts
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
The law, contracts and agreements as they relate to the practice of architecture, conditions of engagement, professional fees, management of commissions and an understanding of the principles of successful management in architectural offices and organisations including financial management, risks, marketing, workplace relations and quality assurance. This subject also incorporates a fieldwork component.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Portfolio (50%)
- Presentation (50%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.