- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as MPH700 Advanced Applied Biostatistics.
This subject deals with the anaylsis of numerous datasets and the interpretation of these analyses in a variety of settings. It focuses on the practical application of biostatistical techniques using appropriate statistical software and the interpretation of results in public health settings. The subject introduces the use of advanced multivariable techniques. Students learn to interpret research results and convey them in a form suitable for non-expert audiences.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 2 (30%)