Advancements in Health Psychology
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- synthesise literature to formulate a research question related to health psychology
- formulate an appropriate research strategy to find, collate and evaluate evidence
- evaluate and synthesise literature and communicate professionally to answer a specific research question related to health psychology.
- Background and review question + effective time management
- Search Strategy and Method of study selection and finalising papers
- Quality assessment
- Future thoughts and writing final report
- Writing a journal
- Standard Media
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject provides students with knowledge and skills relating to evidence-informed practice with particular client groups and presenting issues within health psychology. Students will engage with and evaluate contemporary best practice evidence in selected areas. Students will undertake a research project to answer a question about a specific area of health psychology.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Research Protocol (40%)
- Systematic Review (60%)
Textbook information is pending.