Advanced Pedagogies Design and Assessment
Build your understanding of instructional design, learning analytics and assessment. Enhance your insight into the interrelated systems that impact on learning to develop a plan for implementing theoretically sound instructional design.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify and interpret the theoretical underpinnings of instructional design
- analyse and critique a range of analytic methods and tools
- evaluate and critique models of instructional design and assessment
- develop a plan for implementing theoretically sound instructional design.
- What is instructional design?
- Theoretical underpinnings
- Learning sciences: Design-based methodologies
- Exploring Gagne and the three domains
- Critically evaluating models of ID
- Motivational design: ARCS
- Digital tools: The next phase for LMS and eTextbooks
- Assessment: digital tools and methods
- Learning Analytics and educational data mining: How do they differ?
- Analytics methods
- Learning Analytics and online learning
- ID and Assessment: examples of best practice
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- CUR-EDMP503C-Advanced Pedagogies Design and Assessment (No longer available)
- Equipment requirements - Audio/Visual equipment
- Other requirements - Additional materials
This subject explores instructional design and assessment. It considers the design of instruction that is grounded on an analysis of learning needs and builds comprehensive understanding of the interrelated systems that impact on learning. The subject examines instructional design, learning analytics and assessment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study of instructional design (50%)
- Investigation report of learning impact of a selected instructional design element (50%)