Advanced Pedagogies Design and Assessment
Build your understanding of instructional design, learning analytics and assessment. Enhance your insight into the interrelated systems that impact on learning to develop a plan for implementing theoretically sound instructional design.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 01 Jun 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify and interpret the theoretical underpinnings of instructional design
- analyse and critique a range of analytic methods and tools
- evaluate and critique models of instructional and assessment
- develop a plan for implementing theoretically sound instructional design.
- What is instructional design?
- Theoretical underpinnings
- Learning sciences: Design-based methodologies
- Exploring Gagne and the three domains
- Critically evaluating models of ID
- Motivational design: ARCS
- Digital tools: The next phase for LMS and eTextbooks
- Assessment: digital tools and methods
- Learning Analytics and educational data mining: How do they differ?
- Analytics methods
- Learning Analytics and online learning
- ID and Assessment: examples of best practice
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials
This subject explores instructional design and assessment. It considers the design of instruction that is grounded on an analysis of learning needs and builds comprehensive understanding of the interrelated systems that impact on learning. The subject examines instructional design, learning analytics and assessment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (50%)
- Investigation (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.